The double armed red cross is the International emblem of the campaign against Tuberculosis. During the 9th century, it belonged to certain Oriental Christian Sects.
In 1099, at the time of the crusades, the French Duke of Lorraine placed it on his standard before Jerusalem.
In 1902, the International Tuberculosis Conference in Berlin adopted the Cross as the symbol in its Crusade against Consumption.
In various sizes and shades of red it is used in almost every country in the World. Like the one armed Geneva Red Cross, the double armed red cross represents an understanding and a link everywhere in the universal anti-tuberculosis movement.
It is fondly remembered as the emblem/logo for the Society for many years.