A New Pavilion Built in 1910
The Post Office Pavilion was opened by The Right Honourable Herbert Samuel MP on 12 September 1910, having been built with donations from Post Office Staff for the benefit of Members suffering TB. The second image below, shows the Committee of Management outside the Pavilion on the day of the opening ceremony.
The Pavilion (ward) was built across the road from Garland Wing and first used by male patients then ladies, as they became eligible to join.
By the 1950s, the building was no longer used for patient accommodation and became the Nurse Education Centre Until the 1970s when the building was demolished.