It was very important to ensure patients were kept occupied and entertained during their long periods of treatment. Successful fundraising in the early 1950s, enabled a hall to be built next to the dining room. The hall, opened in 1956, had a stage and all the modern technology to put on plays and show films as well as somewhere for staff parties and other social events.
The Concert Party
The patients Social Circle organised events and activities and these photographs from the archive, show the Concert Party in action.
The hall was also somewhere for staff to meet on special occasions and this image shows the room in use for a meeting. The Concert Hall is now the Board and Seminar Room and still used for our important events.